Monday, February 8, 2016

Wow what a week! I finished saying goodbyes in Hilo. It was very hard to leave so many new friends behind. Wednesday morning I caught a flight back to Oahu and went straight to the North Shore! Laie is so pretty, our area is almost all shoreline. It kind of felt like I was coming home when I landed, because it brought back a lot of memories of when I first came to Mililani a year ago.

The work here has made me rethink what a mission even is.. It feels like I am serving in a tropical Utah. We cover 3 wards and only have 2 or 3 semi solid investigators, and when we tract it is almost all members! The accounting system is even different haha. A lot of the work we do is just strengthening members, which is different but hey, I am willing to do what ever I have to do! There are so many good people here though, and since everybody has family in Laie, I have already seen 7 or 8 friends visiting from previous areas! 

Highlight of this week. Elder Holland came to visit our mission!! We got to shake his hand look into his eyes and that was his way of "Interviewing us" Everyone was kind of nervous because I guess he did that in Africa and sent 20 missionaries home! He said we were all doing pretty good though. Anyways, we got to spend around an hour with him in an up close devotional! He is an amazing and motivating speaker! He talked mostly about staying strong after the mission and one of the things he said that I liked was about returning missionaries, he said that "You may return, but you cannot go back." He was trying to make the point that we change for the better on our missions, and not to waste that.

My new companion is awesome, his name is Elder Manalo. We actually came out together in the MTC! He is from the Philippines, and there is a small language barrier, but he is so funny. 
Love you guys! Hope you have a great week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment