Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Man this was a good week!
Started off fun, we all had to get tested for TB so our Zone got to hang for a bit. Elder Whiteley and I hit our area record and taught 25 lessons, and have 3 with a Baptismal date! Trying to make his last 2 weeks count haha.
The Stevens are super solid, one of them went to institute without us even mentioning it to her and she really enjoyed it! Their Baptism is set for this Saturday and they are very prepared! I am excited for them!
One of our members had us over last night and fed us a 5 course, authentic Japanese meal and it was so awesome, and so good! I am very grateful for the love and support we have.
Today we went to Green Sands beach, it was so beautiful! The sand is literally green, but looks like gold flakes! I will definitely be back!

One of the coolest parts of this week was at a dinner the other night, our member Bro. Pe'a was talking about fire knifing and he mentioned Elder College that was there with him about 20 years ago.. I was freaking out in my mind because I didn't believe it, but then I asked what his first name was and he said it was Josh! So I was freaking out even more and then he showed me a picture of Bro. College and I was super happy! Most people don't talk about or remember the names of the last Elders in the area, let alone an Elder from 20 or so years ago! Bro. Pe'a said that Elder College left a good impact and example on him, because of his respect for the Hawaiian Culture. That was a blessing for me!

Everything else is great, major flooding again so taking our truck "boating" is becoming a pretty regular occurrence haha. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment