Monday, April 13, 2015

Transfer news is in! My time in Mililani has come to an end. I have been called to labor in the Pukalani Maui Zone! When President Warner called it was like getting my mission call all over again, and when he said Maui I was so pumped!! For those who don't know Hawaii that well, Maui is another Island east of Oahu where I have been living. My new companion will be Elder Bogner, who was one of the last AP's. I will be "killing" him which means he goes home next transfer. I am  really excited to be with him because he is an awesome missionary and I feel like I will be able to learn a lot from him. My flight will leave Wednesday morning.
I has been pretty sad saying goodbye to members this weekend. I am really excited, but at the same time, Miliani has been very good to me.
Earlier this week we set a baptismal date with Cody! He is scheduled for May 4th! We also were able to see Johnelle and Jeff at conference, followed by another lesson today. They are doing so awesome, I have never seen someone face so much opposition in their life until now. And it all started when they started seeing us. They have dealt with it with such faith and courage, Jeff told me today that it doesn't really matter what the adversary throws at them, because he knows what he is doing is right. I am going to miss them, they are an amazing example to me, and I know they will be baptized when they can legally get married.
I appreciated General Conference more on my mission than I ever had before. When I watch it from an investigators perspective, I learn so much more. I loved Elder Holland's talk, he is usually my favorite. He delivers his message in such a unique and powerful way it just hits me harder than some of the others. I can easily put myself in the rock climbers shoes and feel the fear he was describing, and feel the relief of having my brother there to save me. If you didn't get the chance to listen to it, here it is:)

http://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/general-conference/april-2015-general-conference/2015-04-4060-elder-jeffrey-r-holland-64k-eng.mp3
Shout out to one of the coolest missionaries on the block, Elder Mapusua! He has been a great friend to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment