Tuesday, March 3, 2015

This week was good, with a very rough start-

Monday was good, Jeff didn't make it to his after baptism lesson so that was a bummer. We followed up with him and he was ok, still trying to overcome some obstacles in his life, but he is doing better and better. 

Tuesday we planned to say goodbye to everybody and to get Elder Ili all packed and ready to go, but I got really sick and was throwing up for the entire day. We missed Bro Pools lesson, and another lesson with our new investigator, but luckily they rescheduled for tomorrow.

I still couldn't get up for very long on Wednesday, but I had to pick up my new companion so we pushed through it. Said goodbye to over half of our Zone, including Elder Henderson and Ili. It is hard to say goodbye to people you have really grown with and become friends with.
Elder Griffin is my age, has been out for 7 months, is from Richfield Utah and loves track and running. It has been really hard to transition from someone I have spent my entire mission with to a new person, who's styles, habits, and personality is completely different, but things are starting to get better. We have already hit the pavement and introduced him to the majority of the ward and our investigators. 

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I was inspired by Elder Rellaford to try to cut my own hair this week, because I don't have much longer in the area, where our member Toby can cut it for me. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but I am still going to go ask Toby for advice as to where I can improve.
​Our lesson on Friday with Anthony went really well, he said he enjoyed learning about the Gospel and believed the Book of Mormon to be true! He also said he has recognized the promptings and blessings of God in his life! We challenged him to pray to know for himself and he said that he would be willing to so we challenged him to be baptized when he did and he accepted!! He came to church and we had a really good lesson there too. The members were more than willing to answer his questions and to share their own personal experiences with him. I love our ward!
One thing that also happened this week that was sad was that the ward is changing it's boundaries, which for us means that our area is downsizing by about 20% and we are losing the Pool family.. We still have our lesson tomorrow night with him and it doesn't take effect for a couple weeks so we should be able to finish the lessons, but I will miss them and some of the other families in the ward.
I just want to thank everyone who has been a good example to me and my family throughout my life. I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all you do for us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment