Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hey everyone! The days are going by crazy fast, I hit my month mark on Saturday! It feels like I just got here. 

This week was good! Lots of service and lots of walking. We had the opportunity to do service for a member in Waipiolani on Wednesday, she was wheel chair bound and needed her garden watered and weeded. It was the biggest garden I have ever seen in my life and with 2 of us watering it took around 3 hours to water every pot. I don't know how she ever did it by herself. Part way through it I discovered a Noni Tree and decided it would be a good idea to open one up, and taste it if it smelled good. Not only was it the ugliest fruit I have ever seen, but just the smell of it made me gag until I nearly threw up. I would recommend a Jabong instead. Attached is an intense picture of us doing that work. 

Another cool thing that happened this week is that I had my first "Bible Bash" with an older baptist man as we were walking to a dinner appointment. He approached us from behind and asked if we were Mormons, we answered yes. He tried to sound interested in what we believed but we both got different impressions. He brought up a scripture in the Bible to show us why the Book of Mormon was false doctrine. Neither of us really knew what to say, but I had the feeling to open to the scripture he was talking about to know how to reply. When I replied, I caught the Baptist, my companion, and myself off guard. He didn't know what to say. I don't take credit for what I said either, it just goes to show that D&C 100: 5-8 is true:) We finished talking and even though I felt he was not really interested, I gave him a Book of Mormon and bore my testimony along with Moroni's promise, and that was it. This experience really helped me know that my companion and I are not alone, as long as we are willing to speak by the spirit, we "shall not be confounded before men"

Love Y'all, and Aloha Oe!
-Elder Snell

No comments:

Post a Comment